i don't think so

Ozy 23:29 PM 11 Sep 12

If you are using Windows 7, be happy with it

Upgrade to Windows 8 you will not get the old windows start menu.

You get the “metro” interface instead, (I have got rid of some of the tiles,so I now have a nice box of 8 )

On one of my computers I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 R.T.M.,it kept all my applications .

From www.lee-soft.com/vistart, I downloaded Vistart, (this is a free tool you can install to re-enable the windows 7-style Start Menu).

I can now ignore “Metro”, its just as if I am using Windows7

The only difference between Windows 7, and Windows 8 is the ribbon across the top of any application

Upgrading to XP or Vista to Windows 7 costs over £100.

To upgrade to Windows 8 from XP or Vista costs £25, this would be worthwhile.

Upgrading Windows 8 from Windows 7 is not worth the money, time or the bother.

If you have Windows 7 stick with it.

Ozy 09:57 AM 25 Sep 12

i have changed my mind about windows 8, it boots up faster than 7. internet explorer 7 is always slow to boot, not windows 8 it boots as soon as you press the icon. and i like the ribbon accross the top of applications.also i have found a better application to put a start button on the task bar, from classic shell,www.classicshell.sourceforge.net/index.html vistart is a bit buggy.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites