I cannot import Photos from my SD card

fetlocks 04 Nov 11

On my laptop I have a SD card slot.Until recently this has been working OK.

But since I had to have a reinstallation of Vista because of problems,I now find that this does not work. I have checked in autorun and this appears OK. Can anyone help.

Les28 05 Nov 11

Maybe check on the laptop manufacturers website for your laptop model to see if any driver needed for media storage card reader.

samual123 08 Nov 11

I have my laptop which have windows 7 os.But i really not able to upload my photos.On my laptop I have a SD card slot.Until recently this has been working OK.But since I had to have a reinstallation of Vista because of problems,I now find that this does not work. I have checked in autorun and this appears OK. Can anyone help.

pcologist 09 Nov 11

Its simply that you have not loaded the driver as les28 states download the driver install and all should be OK. Its not unusual for manufacturers to miss loading an ancillary driver to their partition on the HDD. I have had this on several occasions on laptops for Wifi devices and readers it is frustrating but when they manufacture the Laptop the manufacturers of the ancillary devices have yet to make a public driver available. Thus the driver is not available and not loaded to the recovery partition. Not good but I am afraid it does happen. Best of luck.

mole44 09 Nov 11

another idea go to devices managar uninstall the card reader then restart your computer and see if it picks up the driver.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message