I Cannot Delete Google Folder Or Re-Install Google Chrome

OwenKelly1998 16:48 12 Jun 14

I have uninstalled google chrome to try and free up some space on my computer and was going to use internet explorer instead but found that it doesnt quite do as much of what I wanted as google chrome. When I tried to re-install google chrome it came up with a message saying 'Installation failed due to unspecified error. If google chrome is currently running, please close it and try again', I have tried the standalone offline installer aswell and found the same problem but all google programs are uninstalled on my computer. Because of this, I thought that it was some of the files to do with google that I may need to remove but when I try to delete the 'google' folder in 'C:\Program Files (x86)', it says that I need admin privelages when I am already logged on as the administrator. I have tried to do everything that I can find on other websites and forum threads but nothing seems to work, my computer will not let me delete this folder at all. Also, other people have said to change the ownership but whenever I change the ownership of the folder, windows says that I need permission from the other user account on the computer be it my admin account or the 'hidden admin' account. Could anyone help me try to sort out this problem as it is really frustrating.

northumbria61 05:56 21 Jun 14

Download and Run Revo Uninstaller to remove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5