I am told my copy of Vista is not genuine

enewell 23:13 PM 19 Sep 10

After using my genuine Vista Ultimate software for at least 18 months, my desktop has gone black under the icons and there is a message in the right lower corner saying 'Windows Vista (TM)
Build 6002 This copy of Windows is not genuine'
Attempts to reactivate it with the product key fail with a message saying the license cannot be found. I have tried to activate online without success. Can anybody help me to confirm that my software is mine and is genuine?

chub_tor 11:30 AM 20 Sep 10

This was taken from a different forum...

For any Vista Activation problems:

Try this, and take the phone Option, and hold on for a real person to explain to:

click here

Activation FAQs at above link.

1. Click Start, and in the Search box type: slui.exe 4
2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard
3. Select your Country.
4. Take the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

If locked out except for 3 choices, use the reduced functionality option to get into Windows to do the above Activation.

click here

“Issues relating to the Windows Vista Software Protection Platform - Non-Genuine dialog boxes, validation problems, or Software Licensing Services messages.”

If the information/help supplied does not work, repost your question in this Forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off