HPZPNP40.EXE Trying to re install HP Printer

anniesboy68 16:19 25 Jan 15

Am trying to re install my HP printer but the installation procedure cannot find the file HPZPNP40.EXE, and so will not continue. Having searched on line this seems a well known problem. One site says it is a virus. I am baffled!!! apparently this file should e contained within a folder beginning 7z or something. However no such folder/s exist on my Win7 64bit operating system! Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this problem, please? AB68

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 25 Jan 15

model of printer? HP Photosmart D110?

download the printer drivers from the HP web site

anniesboy68 09:48 26 Jan 15

HI Fruitbat. The printer is a HP Deskjet F4500 All in one series. Regarding the drivers I have already done that. AB68

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:11 26 Jan 15

Did the drivers come as a zip file? they should be in your download folder

right click on the driver download and select extract

anniesboy68 14:33 26 Jan 15

No, all I can find is the drivers and software, which will not go

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:46 26 Jan 15

this is the basic driver it is an exe file just click on it to install the drivers for your deskjet

anniesboy68 15:50 26 Jan 15

Fruitbat...Are you sure this is the driver for my F4500. I am getting HP Deskjet 3050A 1611 series under Start Menu HP AB68

AllenLen 09:35 27 Jan 15

is the driver problem? enter link description here

anniesboy68 11:13 27 Jan 15

Thanks for all the advice/help/downloads etc. I am getting nowhere with this and wasting a lot of time. Whatever I do [with the exception of the Fruitbat suggested download which I have queried with him] whenever I try to load the software and drivers full or basic I always get the message C\users\owner\application data\local\temp\7zs72a9\setup\hpzpnp40.exe. Its obvious I am missing this file!!!. What I will do other than buying another printer, is to copy what I need to print from this computer, load it into my laptop and rint from there, and its working ok on the laptop

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 27 Jan 15

Yes this is the same basic driver

anniesboy68 13:39 28 Jan 15

No, it will not go. Cannot get the driver to install whatever I do. I get to a certain point in the installation [this is with the basic driver from Fruitbat] then to proceed is greyed out. As I said earlier I am giving up on this, and wait until a re install of the OS is required at some point in the future. AB68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…