HP Photosmart 7510 does not work with Windows 8 RTM

SonarSubs 21 Aug 12

http://gallery.butzbach.net/d/143-1/hpphotosmart7510.jpg

Downloads successfully from HP site, but gives error upon install. Ran as administrator, and compatibility ran with Windows 7, both unsuccessful.

I just don't want to have to buy another printer because they don't want to upgrade an old printer...

Forum Editor 21 Aug 12

Companies like HP will often not release updated rivers for new Windows versions until some time after the final version of the software has been released for sale. Sometimes they don't release a driver at all - it all depends on the age of the hardware device involved.

In your case the printer is a relatively recent model, and I would expect to see a working driver released pretty soon after Windows 8 is on general sale - it might even be included in the driver database that will come with the Windows 8 installation DVD.

morddwyd 21 Aug 12

I seem to recall that drivers and software for the HP Photosmart printer I was using at the time took a while to appear after the retail versions of Win 7 were available.

The software suite, in particular, went through several incarnations before they got it somewhere near right.

SonarSubs 21 Aug 12

Thanks for the info. I'll just wait till the release date to start pinging HP on support. Meanwhile, use a dual-boot with Windows 7 to keep using the printer.

uliandim 26 Aug 12

I downloaded from here and it is working perfectly with my HP - http://www.blog4tech.net/download-now-windows-8-rtm-from-technetmsdn/

gos1 15 Sep 12

In Windows 8, all you have to do is search for "printer" choose "add printer", it will take you to the devices metro page. Your printer, if it is on and on the network, will automatically appear. Just click it to install.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message