HP Deskjet 840c in Vista

Gary Wood 16:26 24 Feb 07

I am trying to install an HP Deskjet 840c in Vista. According to HP's website, the drivers are built in to Vista.

When I connect the printer, the computer detects it and installs the drivers, but then when I try and print nothing happens. The printer works fine if I connect it to my XP machine.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Gary

anskyber 16:42 24 Feb 07

Is it worth running the check from here? click here

I also have Just purchased a new Dell PC with Vista Home Premium installed. I connected my Deskjet 840C and, although the "set-up" window has changed, all is working well apart from the pages printing in reverse order. That's something I can probably change when I get around to it.
I realise this does nor solve your problem but it may limit your search for the cure possibilities.

I also have Just purchased a new Dell PC with Vista Home Premium installed. I connected my Deskjet 840C and, although the "set-up" window has changed, all is working well apart from the pages printing in reverse order. That's something I can probably change when I get around to it.
I realise this does nor solve your problem but it may limit your search for the cure possibilities.

Gary Wood 11:26 26 Feb 07

Aged P,

Thanks for this. Are you using the driver that's built in to Vista and is the printer connected via USB or parallel?

Gary

Gary

I am connected via USB but I used my original CD which came with the printer to set it up. I don't know what driver is functioning nor can I find out how to establish this. Hope this helps.

Aged P.

Ashrich 18:00 06 Mar 07

Have a look at the printers properties and make sure it is set as the default printer , or are you trying to do the test print in the HP software ?

If Office is installed as well it tries to make the Print to file as default .

Ashley

PHV 14:25 24 Feb 08

I have a Hp deskjet 840c and it was working with my pc with Vista home premium. Recently it has stopped printing the text on paper. Test page prints ok. Uninstall and re-installed the printer drivers and still it does not print text but test page is ok. Done driver check via HP website and proved all drivers are upto date and ok. Help! has anyone got a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple