how to stop inappropriate mouse action

Dasmad 09:11 AM 21 Jul 11

I use an Acer netbook win 7,with an external mouse. It's a small screen - 10.1 in.- and I have found recently (but not initially) that small windows opened for dialog or a new window selected from the task bar close again before I can even get the mouse pointer inside it to there a way of making the window selection "stick" until a new selection is made ?

mgmcc 13:43 PM 21 Jul 11

I don't know if it's relevant, but I use a mouse with Netbook and Laptop. I find I have to disable the "trackpad" to avoid the mouse or cursor moving erratically as my hand brushes against it.

Could having two "mouse" devices running be causing problems?

rdave13 20:48 PM 24 Jul 11

Try another mouse first before changing settings. It could be the surface the mouse is on that could cause this. Otherwise check the sensitivity of the finger pad that it's not too high.

Dasmad 09:40 AM 03 Aug 11

well I've tried those things, but no real change ! but mouse is less "fractious" with trackpad disabled thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…