how to reformat hd

Beverley Anne 13:32 21 Apr 07

hello

my sister asked me to take a look at her acer laptop. it has vista basic on it when it came.
she has had it for a couple of months now and it be working ok til now.

I switched it and got PXE-E61 media test failure message also operating system not found.

the only disk I've got is windows anytime upgrade.

is there a way I can reformat it I got no recovery disk, if there is could someone give me step by step details please?

she had it from currys as an exchange I don't know what the problem was with the first one.

anskyber 15:50 21 Apr 07

Acer usually have a recovery partition, here is their FAQs site. click here Do you have a model name/number?

The site also has downloadable manuals.

anskyber 15:56 21 Apr 07

Incidentally, if it's a recent buy I suggest she takes it back. Reading around the error message there are a number of things it could be including a failed hard drive.

Can you ask her if she has inadvertently left a CD in the drive when she turned it on.

Forum Editor 18:41 21 Apr 07

if this machine is only eight weeks old you should contact the retailer who supplied it........after you make sure that the computer isn't trying to boot from a CD that's been left in the drive.

Beverley Anne 20:52 21 Apr 07

anskyber & Forum Editor thanks for taking the time to answer. I phoned acer helpline the guy talked me through some things but could not help me. Told me to take it back to the store. The fella at currys said its a fautly hard drive it's be sent away for so the HD can be replace.

I've order her the latest copy of Acronis True Image 10. I use this software myself on my xp pc.
I've suggested to her to use this software when she gets the laptop back.

anyhow thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…