HOW TO INSTALL NEW WINDOWS 7 TO REPLACE PIRATE VERSION

DAVITHJO 20:48 26 Mar 14

found out that the Windows 7 Home version I had on my laptop is a pirate copy, as I cannot now use it. If I purchase a legit copy can I load it without losing the files and programs already loaded on the laptop and how can I do it?

lotvic 21:58 26 Mar 14

Usually you just need to change the product key. You don't have to re install anything,just right click on computer icon ,go to properties and on the bottom hit the "change product key" enter the valid product key and follow the prompts.

however you say you 'cannot now use it' ? Can you tell us more of the history so we can figure out whether it is just not Activated/not got a product key at all or if it is a Pirate version. And tell us what appears on the Monitor Screen now when you switch on the laptop.

or You may be able to do a Repair or an Upgrade install with a genuine DVD. Need more details from you please.

DAVITHJO 09:29 27 Mar 14

Hi Lotvic.Thanks for the response Once windows fires up I get a screen to say that this copy is not genuine, and gives me 2 options 'get genuine one now or ask me later. Follow up screen says you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Go on line and resolve now.

I cannot get into any of the programs from there.

Hope that assits and thanks again for your time.

alanrwood 10:36 27 Mar 14

I would phone MS as it is a known problem that this message is sometimes a false alarm. Where did you get the computer and how long have you had it. If is a pirated copy you should have some comeback on whoever supplied it to you if they said it was a genuine version.

lotvic 12:05 28 Mar 14

Your W7 is probably genuine. As there are several reasons you get this not genuine message, we have to find out which one is causing the message to be displayed. Is there a sticker on your pc's case - the COA with a product key on? (do NOT post your product key on here for all the world to see!)

Windows Activation: Have a look at the first post and the screenshot ClickHere and tell us if yours says 'Windows is Activated' (it's at the bottom left) or if not, tell us what it says.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…