How to increase screen brightness in Windows 7

jaymymac 10:17 24 Jan 14

Hi. My Mum has a Samsung NC10 netbook running WinXP. Didn't want to use it after April so I have just done a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. Everything went well, all updates for Windows installed etc. Running smooth and stable except the display is very dim and I can't seem to find any settings to increase screen brightness. The function keys for brightness or anything else no longer work but I guess they were part of Samsungs Windows installation? Any ideas how to increase the brightness of the screen? Thanks in advance.

Secret-Squirrel 10:30 24 Jan 14

Providing that Windows recognises the netbook as mobile device then this may work:

Go to Control Panel -> "Windows Mobility Center" - you may need to select "Large Icons" in the "View by" options top-right to see it. If it's there then try dragging the "Display Brightness" slider over to the right.

jaymymac 00:04 25 Jan 14

Thanks for the reply. Will try your tips when I get a chance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…