how i turn off autorun if windows can't open gpedit

can_cworld 01:57 AM 25 Oct 13

help me please i will turn off autorun but if i typing gpedit.msc in run appear windows cannot find gpdit.msc "make sure you typed the name corretcly then try again. how i fix it?

lotvic 13:32 PM 25 Oct 13

Prevent autorun from starting: Hold down the shift key while you insert CD/DVD etc. Keep held down until CD/DVD drive light goes out.

can_cworld 14:55 PM 26 Oct 13

my windows is home basic and any solutins to open gepedit.msc in run?

lotvic 18:07 PM 26 Oct 13

Windows 7 editions (Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter) don't come with Group Policy Editor. Only Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions come with Group Policy Editor installed.

However a quick google found click here which may answer your question to enable it. Disclaimer: I have no connection with website linked to and therefore cannot vouch for any downloads. Make sure you virus check any files downloaded from unknown sites.

lotvic 17:31 PM 27 Oct 13

See your other thread click here for the solution to get rid of the Autorun Virus that turns your filenames into shortcuts and hides your files.

can_cworld 18:04 PM 01 Nov 13

how i download gpedit editor for windows home basic if i click link on above appear deviant and how i turn off autorun windows 7 if gpedit editor there isn't? where i download gpedit editor for windows 7 home basic?

lotvic 18:50 PM 01 Nov 13

The link works okay for me, but if you want then copy and paste this into your browser Address bar:

Batch 16:27 PM 03 Nov 13

That gpedit.msc from the link is a v. old version and does not support all the options. Personally I think it is rather suspect.

In any event, if you want to turn off autorun, go to Control Panel, AutoPlay and deselect as appropriate (I turn all of them to "Take No Action").

lotvic 17:46 PM 03 Nov 13

Batch, can_cworld's got the 'Autorun flash drive changed to shortcuts' virus, see other thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…