How to get windows 7 snipping tool

janiman 18:24 PM 07 Mar 13

hi everyone. Can anyone please tell me that from where can i get windows 7 snipping tool. I thought its windows own tool but i am not able to find it.

mgmcc 20:55 PM 07 Mar 13

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool

alanrwood 10:21 AM 08 Mar 13

If you have lost the shortcut it is normally located in C:\Windows\SnippingTool.exe

mgmcc 11:13 AM 08 Mar 13

"If you have lost the shortcut it is normally located in C:\Windows\SnippingTool.exe"

I have it in C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

alanrwood 12:42 PM 08 Mar 13

Hi mgmcc

You may just be right. I just looked at my Office Bar Shortcut and remembered that it is a 32 bit program and in Win 64 bit it can't be seen there by the Office Shortcut Bar so I will have copied it over so it can be seen and accessed Sorry>

janiman 06:58 AM 09 Mar 13

i,m able to fin the tool using "mgmcc" provided information.

thanx for your reply everyone...

Batch 15:29 PM 09 Mar 13

You might find MWSnap useful (see http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html )

It does rectangular / square snips very well (far better than Print Scrn)

It still works under Win7 (including 64 bit versions), although I had to edit the registry to stop it asking me to confirm the language each time I launched it (I guess this was due to a UAC issue when I installed it).

Registry edit was in:

HCU\Software\MirWoj\MWSnap\Options where I had to change the Language key from "???" to "English.ini" (without the quotes)

john bunyan 15:09 PM 28 May 13

I keep the snipping tool shortcut on the taskbar.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone