How to get windows 7 snipping tool

janiman 18:24 PM 07 Mar 13

hi everyone. Can anyone please tell me that from where can i get windows 7 snipping tool. I thought its windows own tool but i am not able to find it.

mgmcc 20:55 PM 07 Mar 13

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool

alanrwood 10:21 AM 08 Mar 13

If you have lost the shortcut it is normally located in C:\Windows\SnippingTool.exe

mgmcc 11:13 AM 08 Mar 13

"If you have lost the shortcut it is normally located in C:\Windows\SnippingTool.exe"

I have it in C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

alanrwood 12:42 PM 08 Mar 13

Hi mgmcc

You may just be right. I just looked at my Office Bar Shortcut and remembered that it is a 32 bit program and in Win 64 bit it can't be seen there by the Office Shortcut Bar so I will have copied it over so it can be seen and accessed Sorry>

janiman 06:58 AM 09 Mar 13

i,m able to fin the tool using "mgmcc" provided information.

thanx for your reply everyone...

Batch 15:29 PM 09 Mar 13

You might find MWSnap useful (see )

It does rectangular / square snips very well (far better than Print Scrn)

It still works under Win7 (including 64 bit versions), although I had to edit the registry to stop it asking me to confirm the language each time I launched it (I guess this was due to a UAC issue when I installed it).

Registry edit was in:

HCU\Software\MirWoj\MWSnap\Options where I had to change the Language key from "???" to "English.ini" (without the quotes)

john bunyan 15:09 PM 28 May 13

I keep the snipping tool shortcut on the taskbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know