How to get windows 7 snipping tool

janiman 07 Mar 13

hi everyone. Can anyone please tell me that from where can i get windows 7 snipping tool. I thought its windows own tool but i am not able to find it.

mgmcc 07 Mar 13

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool

alanrwood 08 Mar 13

If you have lost the shortcut it is normally located in C:\Windows\SnippingTool.exe

mgmcc 08 Mar 13

"If you have lost the shortcut it is normally located in C:\Windows\SnippingTool.exe"

I have it in C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

alanrwood 08 Mar 13

Hi mgmcc

You may just be right. I just looked at my Office Bar Shortcut and remembered that it is a 32 bit program and in Win 64 bit it can't be seen there by the Office Shortcut Bar so I will have copied it over so it can be seen and accessed Sorry>

janiman 09 Mar 13

i,m able to fin the tool using "mgmcc" provided information.

thanx for your reply everyone...

Batch 09 Mar 13

You might find MWSnap useful (see http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html )

It does rectangular / square snips very well (far better than Print Scrn)

It still works under Win7 (including 64 bit versions), although I had to edit the registry to stop it asking me to confirm the language each time I launched it (I guess this was due to a UAC issue when I installed it).

Registry edit was in:

HCU\Software\MirWoj\MWSnap\Options where I had to change the Language key from "???" to "English.ini" (without the quotes)

john bunyan 28 May 13

I keep the snipping tool shortcut on the taskbar.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message