How to get clock to update to internet time

Desert Andy 09 Apr 13

Hi

In previous versions of windows I could see how to select an option for the clock to update automatically with the internet, but how do I do it in windows 8. My clock is showing an incorrect time and did not change automatically with British Summer Time.

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

rdave13 09 Apr 13

Go to desktop and right click the time in the notification area and select 'Adjust Date and Time'. In the pane that opens, under the 'Date and Time' tab set your time and time zone ((UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London), click apply. OK. Re-open and select the 'Internet Time' tab. I have mine set to synchronise with 'time.windows.com'.

Desert Andy 09 Apr 13

Thank you, found the automatic daylight savings tab, however, I do not have an internet time tab.

rdave13 09 Apr 13

This is what you should see, http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/rdave2007/Number%20three/dateandtimezpsa66bb4ac.png

rdave13 09 Apr 13

Don't know what happened there, try this link, enter link description here

rdave13 09 Apr 13

This is the Internet Time tab opened, click here.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message