How to fix "A required privilege is not held by client " error message ?

wilspeak 00:41 12 Mar 15

How do I fix "A required privilege is not held by client " Error ? I recently started getting this "A required privilege is not held by client "error every time I download anything and try to open and run it. Can anyone please help me fix this glitch in windows 8.1. Thank You.

rdave13 01:14 12 Mar 15

What Windows optimizing or Registry fixing programs do you use if any?

If you do use any of the above then restore to the original backup within the program/s.

If you don't use any try a system restore. UAC problem usually so you should be on an Administrator's account.

wilspeak 00:17 14 Mar 15

rdave13 , i use several windows pc programs like CCLEANER, GLARY UTILITIES, MALWARE BYTES and HERD PROTECT. I suspect it was one of these programs that started this issue, because it didn't exist before. I am going to do a system restore in windows 8.1. Thank you.

rdave13 00:41 14 Mar 15

Check Glary Utilities first. If it's a good program, click here , I would check if it has created a backup to which you can restore all settings that it has optimised. The original backup you should use if you get a dated choice. See how the PC performs. If ok then uninstall Glary.

As for Malwarebytes and Ccleaner, they're ok.

Heard Protect I've never heard of. Searching brings it up as a cloud based malware scanner piggybacking on others. Personally I'd bin it.

Do this before sys. restore.

wilspeak 03:55 18 Mar 15

Thank you for the advice , im going to have to do a system restore, after I back up my files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017