how do you check 'stand alone' PC for suitability

Sethhaniel 09:31 22 Sep 06

with no web connection -

the microsoft tool for checking compatibility needs web access and will not run ;(

on XP SP2 at present

josie mayhem 13:50 22 Sep 06

You have to find all the details of you computer and it components, and then do a vissual search looking for compatiability.

Basic requirements....

At least 512mb of memory (exculding any memory shared with graphic card)

Graphic card needs to be newer and have at least 128mb of it's own memory, if it hasn't got shadder 2.0 then it will work but won't suppoert areo glass.

Large hard drive pref 2, so it can sit on it's own drive, doesn't always like sharing..

As for motherboard drivers well these seem to be o.k with the exception nforce4 and above chips some have had problems with these.

But I would if you can get onto the internet, look around some of the dedecated vista forums, a lot of members include what kit they are runing vista in their signture.... This will give a good indication what different componnents work.

Or if you want to take a risk (and the computer isn't a must be up, running stable I can't afford to lose any data) get hold of a RC1 install and see what happens!

If you list your computer details, so we can have a look we might be able to help to determin your compatibitly or any problems

vinnyT 14:49 22 Sep 06

To find out what's in your system download SIW from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac