How do I use the in Windows 7 Home PremiumGet Image Icon

Dekka123 10:54 AM 08 Aug 11

I have only just installed Win 7 and as I was experimenting I clicked on the hidden Icons in the task bar and I found the get image icon. I have no idea how to use it or where the images go. I am assuming it is a capture device. Could anyone help please.

gengiscant 13:22 PM 08 Aug 11

I have not come across this and I have been using Windows 7 for quite a while now. These hidden icons, where are they? and what does this get image icon look like?

Dekka123 15:32 PM 08 Aug 11

gengiscant Thanks very much for your reply. The hidden icons are on the task bar and the arrow then points you to hidden icons. A window pops up and this icon is in that wingow. I then dragged it onto the task bar and the icon is a camera and when you put the cursor over it it says camera get images. Clicking on it does nothing and if you right click it a list of resolutions come up. Hope I have explained it clearly. Thanks again.

Lindburgh 16:12 PM 08 Aug 11

By left clicking and dragging the individual icon onto the Taskbar in Win 7 Pro places the Icon next to the speaker/date/etc icons Does that help

gengiscant 08:31 AM 09 Aug 11

I certainly know where you are talking about but I do not have the icon of which you post, I am wondering if it has anything to do with your graphics card as you mention it shows a list of resolutions when you right click on it?

ams4127 19:35 PM 09 Aug 11

It more than likely refers to a webcam, if you have one.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone