How do I restore the position of the start button etc

tomgil 17:17 11 Feb 15

I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft Office 2010. Quite suddenly, and for no reason that I know, the start button has moved from bottom left to top left. At the same time the various icons which used to appear at the bottom right have moved to the bottom left. All this would not have mattered except that it has reduced the useful width of the screen causing me to lose some columns of figures. Any help in restoring it to how it used to look would be very gratefully received.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 11 Feb 15

You need to right click desk top and select display settings in the Nvieda or other graphics dcontrol panel there should be a setting to switch the display.

or possibly try ctrl alt and left or right arrow key

Secret-Squirrel 18:50 11 Feb 15

"..............the start button has moved from bottom left to top left."

To move the Task Bar back to where you want it, click on an empty area, keep the mouse button held down and drag it to the bottom then release it. To prevent this from occurring again, right-click on it and choose "Lock the Task Bar".

BRYNIT 20:27 11 Feb 15

Windows taskbar. The asiest way would be to right click on the taskbar and select properties. On the taskbar tab you should see "Taskbar location on screen" next to it you will see where the taskbar is positioned on the desk top and just change it to where you want it and make sure you have a tick against lock the taskbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017