How do I open ANY downloads?

kate7461 18:42 PM 02 Jan 13

Hi, I got a new laptop with windows 8 installed on it. As it is new it obviously doesn't have of the flash player and programs and things that I want. The problem is any time I download adobe flash player for example, I click on it and it asks to make changes to the computer as per usual, but when I click yes it makes no change and I cant run it.. this means nothing will download and I cant play games online.... any suggestions??

kate7461 19:46 PM 02 Jan 13

I cant see adobe flash flayer here.. I can only see photoshop and programs related to that and something called 'adobe AIR'

aquatarkus 20:00 PM 03 Jan 13

Are you running the Metro version of IE10 or the desktop version of IE10, this will make a big difference to how adobe flash works.

Have a look here be worth reading through the posts on that thread.

Also have a look here

And here

Regards Aquatarkus

kate7461 13:19 PM 05 Jan 13

thanks for all the help! I got it working at last!

jaritch 20:44 PM 05 Jan 13

Hi Kate It would be good to know how you managed to fix this issue as there may be others in the future with a similar problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…