How do I make a browser window open full size

cyberphobic 09:53 20 Mar 07

In XP, if a browser window didn't open full size, you stretched it to the size you wanted and it "remembered" next time you opened it. In Vista this doesn't work, so my browser window always opens about 70% of full size. What is the trick for making it always open full size please?

Pine Man 10:48 20 Mar 07

Stretch the window out to full size then close down via File/Exit. NOT by clicking on the red cross at the top right.

cyberphobic 15:02 20 Mar 07

Many Thanks for your response, unfortunately it doesn't work for me!

cyberphobic 21:36 20 Mar 07

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe I've got a rogue copy of Vista,but that doesn't work for me either!

Bailey08787 11:19 21 Mar 07

maximize - then hold ctrl when closing

skidzy 13:21 21 Mar 07

Try this,

Using your cursor on the end of the page till you see the double headed arror,now drag the page to fit the screen.Then ALT+F4.

cyberphobic 08:40 22 Mar 07

Thanks for your suggestions but neither of them work for me - beginning to wonder why!

CLONNEN 11:13 22 Mar 07

The screen resolution is weird in Vista - I am having trouble with lots of apps opening at small sizes. I am on 800x600 setting and everything is a lot smaller than it was on XP.

keatesy 18:37 22 Mar 07

Have you tried right clicking your internet explorer icon then go to properties and about two thirds down the window is an option which says Run, ensure this is set to maximized.

cyberphobic 07:25 23 Mar 07

Thanks for your help, this gets crazier and crazier! I have 10 internet shortcuts on my desktop, if I right click on them, the Run option is not there, so I dragged a new Internet explorer icon onto my desktop, Run was there ,so I right clicked on it set it to maximise and it worked! but I cannot get it to work with my shortcuts, so I'm no further forward. It can't really be this difficult can it?

keatesy 07:45 23 Mar 07

Do you mind me asking why you have ten internet shortcuts and could you not just try and delete them and recreate them as what you said was that when you dragged a new icon onto your desktop that it worked so maybe a whole batch of new icons would work, just a thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…