How do I install games and software?

prbentley 25 Feb 13

Hi

For some reason games and other software won't install, after the next procedure steps, the installation goes into limbo, even though in task manager it is stated as responsive.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Processor Count: 8 RAM: 8079 Mb Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Render Driver, 7 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 751285 MB; F: Total - 476906 Motherboard: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4 Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2013, Updated and Enabled

sharpamat 26 Feb 13

Have you tried this, Place the CD/DVD in the drive and select the open option The highligh the Install option, right click and select run as adminstrater

prbentley 26 Feb 13

I tried the Windows Defender (firewall) disable, and the 'run as administrator' but it had no effect on the installation speed.

When I installed Crysis 2, the installation process goes into limbo, then after an hour or more it kicks in, and begins to install, its as if something is effecting the DVD RW reading speed,

PS: I have installed the latest firmware, for the DVD RW!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message