How do I fix a corrupt user profile

Littleern 17:30 29 May 15

My computer spontaneously failed my login (i.e. it was OK the day before) with the message "The user profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I tried the regedit fix given on PC Advisor, and indeed the Stage byte needed correcting to a value of 0. However, this has still not fixed the problem. Has anybody out there got any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:32 29 May 15

There's not a lot you can do.

usual method is to create a new profile and using the adminstrator account, move all the data across from the old profile to the new one before removing the old profile in windows.

Secret-Squirrel 18:57 29 May 15

Littleern, "System Restore" is by far the easiest potential way to fix your problem. It's a lot less faff and a lot less risky that manually editing the Registry.

Start your computer and immediately start tapping the F8 key quickly until you arrive at the "Advanced Boot Options" screen. At the top of the list you'll hopefully have a "Repair your computer" option so select it and follow the prompts. At the final screen choose "System Restore" (see here) from the list and choose an available restore point that immediately pre-dates the start of your problem.

robin_x 19:21 29 May 15

Chkdsk might be worth a go too in case of any corruption caused by bad sectors

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…