how do i create a recovery disc?

White_Elephant 13:20 12 May 07

My dad has just bought a new pc with oem Vista on it. When he set up the pc and it did the installation, it asked him whether he wanted to create a recovery disc (presumably using awriteable dvd).

He said no as he didnt have a disc on him at the time.

Now its installed and he's got a disc he can't figure out how to do it. I'm sure the answer is very simple but I'm still on XP so can't really help him.

Thanks

BurrWalnut 13:32 12 May 07

Have a look in All Programs for something referring to the PC manufacturer and 'Create Disk' or similar wording.

J B 15:46 12 May 07

If by chance the new pc is HP go to Help and Support and click on Recovery Manager and it will give you a list to choose from and all you do is click on advanced Options then look for Recovery Disk Creation. When you do so just follow the wizards instructions. I made mine yesterday and it was a breeze. J.B.

skidzy 17:57 13 May 07

What make of pc ?

Depending what burning program is installed if any.

My Vista system came with a recovery program from TechGuys,this is on a once only basis unless restored through the recovery from the hidden partition to factory settings.

Though the best backup i think you could have is Acronis TI 10,i know you have to pay,but certainly worth every penny.

superhoops 00:02 14 May 07

I wish I could try Acronis. Have downloaded the trial numerous times, tried it on 3 different pcs and not yet managed to get the install routine to complete.

tigerb 15:37 14 May 07

my wife did exactly the same thing on a brand new Philips lap top from Curries and is having the same problem.

superhoops 21:54 14 May 07

When I was having the trouble trying to install Acronis (I have given up now) I googled the problem and found literally hundreds of reports of the same problem and even a forum dedicated to the problem. Assuming that many people email Acronis about the problem( I did anyway) they are mugs to not correct the problem with the lost revenue

skidzy 22:52 14 May 07

Why not buy the package Acronis TI 10 from Amazon,for around £25 including postage.
You will not regret it at all.

terryf 17:17 20 May 07

Acronis 10 works for me

superhoops 21:44 21 May 07

Why, is the complete package likely to instal when the trial wont???

terryf 23:40 23 May 07

Buy and you get updates, the trial MAY be for winxp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…