How to delete Windows Old

RussB78 27 Oct 12
Answered

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to remove the Windows Old Folder after installation of Windows 8.

Many thanks

rdave13 27 Oct 12

Have a look here.

RussB78 27 Oct 12

Many thanks RDave13 for your help, I`m just about to have a go at it and will post back.

RussB78 27 Oct 12

Had a good try with that link but no luck.

I dont get the same options on disk clean up and absolutely no way could I get that Elevated Command Prompt up and running. Many thanks for your help RDave13, I think I will leave it for now, its only on my Laptop and that can wait.

Many Thanks,

Russell

RussB78 27 Oct 12

I formatted my laptops SSD and installed a completely new install, everything works just fine now.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks a lot,

Russell

rdave13 27 Oct 12

Sorry it didn't work. I'd have found the folder and just deleted it if the correct way didn't work. I think a clean install is better than upgrading .

RussB78 28 Oct 12

Hi RDave13

Job Done on Laptop, Got rid of Windows Old folder with Disk Cleanup, it`s strange because I had already tried that way a few times,it was your link that helped me, many thanks for that.

Kind regards

Russell

RussB78 28 Oct 12
Answer

Hi RDave13

Job Done on Laptop, Got rid of Windows Old folder with Disk Cleanup, it`s strange because I had already tried that way a few times,it was your link that helped me, many thanks for that.

Kind regards

Russell

opera357 31 Oct 12

yeah the link was very helpful...and when i was using the disk cleanup i found windows intall temp files which was 5gb

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message