How to delete Windows Old

RussB78 11:11 AM 27 Oct 12
Answered

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to remove the Windows Old Folder after installation of Windows 8.

Many thanks

rdave13 12:08 PM 27 Oct 12

Have a look here.

RussB78 13:08 PM 27 Oct 12

Many thanks RDave13 for your help, I`m just about to have a go at it and will post back.

RussB78 15:16 PM 27 Oct 12

Had a good try with that link but no luck.

I dont get the same options on disk clean up and absolutely no way could I get that Elevated Command Prompt up and running. Many thanks for your help RDave13, I think I will leave it for now, its only on my Laptop and that can wait.

Many Thanks,

Russell

RussB78 16:45 PM 27 Oct 12

I formatted my laptops SSD and installed a completely new install, everything works just fine now.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks a lot,

Russell

rdave13 18:54 PM 27 Oct 12

Sorry it didn't work. I'd have found the folder and just deleted it if the correct way didn't work. I think a clean install is better than upgrading .

RussB78 17:45 PM 28 Oct 12

Hi RDave13

Job Done on Laptop, Got rid of Windows Old folder with Disk Cleanup, it`s strange because I had already tried that way a few times,it was your link that helped me, many thanks for that.

Kind regards

Russell

RussB78 17:47 PM 28 Oct 12
Answer

Hi RDave13

Job Done on Laptop, Got rid of Windows Old folder with Disk Cleanup, it`s strange because I had already tried that way a few times,it was your link that helped me, many thanks for that.

Kind regards

Russell

opera357 22:15 PM 31 Oct 12

yeah the link was very helpful...and when i was using the disk cleanup i found windows intall temp files which was 5gb

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites