How to clone vista disk??

Tony 18:32 01 Apr 07

I usually copy/clone the entire drive to back up my data and os. I have tried this with my vista os drive with symantec ghost, paragon 8.5 and acronis. None will copy the drive either under vista or winxp os. Is this another vista protection trick or am I doing something dumb?
Many thanks for any help.

anskyber 18:37 01 Apr 07

I use Acronis and it's fine, but you need the latest build for Vista success, it's Version 10 build 4942.

Pine Man 19:02 01 Apr 07

Just to cofirm anskyber Acronis V10 works fine with Vista.

Tony 19:57 01 Apr 07

not for me. What could I be doing wrong?

Pine Man 13:50 03 Apr 07

I am no expert on Acronis but in the past I have had excellent help from the Acronis Forum, which is regularly monitored by staff who I am sure will be able to help.

Their site is click here

fitcher 18:12 03 Apr 07

I have replaced vista with Acronis but, if you change anything like memory etc,, then I have had problems ..also I used the vista disk during the beginning of start installation .for it to recognize acronis any one else had to do that

skidzy 18:48 03 Apr 07

I have replaced vista with Acronis ?

Vista is the os and Acronis a backup program.

Sorry but i may be misreading your post,but it does not make sense to me.

PaulB2005 09:10 04 Apr 07

I use Acronis under XP and Vista with no problems.

skidzy - don't worry i can't make head not tail of fitcher's post either.

Pine Man 11:45 04 Apr 07

Clearly fitcher means he has restored his computer, which has Vista installed on it, using Acronis.

PaulB2005 16:51 04 Apr 07

Explain what.....

also I used the vista disk during the beginning of start installation .for it to recognize acronis any one else had to do that

means then....

Never had to use an OS disk during a Restore.

Pine Man 16:59 04 Apr 07

Your thread may not be the clearest BUT yes I have restored a PC with Vista using Acronis and in answer to your question NO I did not have to use the Vista disk at the start of the restoration to get Acronis recognised.

Paul me old mate (and skidzy) I think you're being a bit picky ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5