How can you keep Vista s back up working?

joeartis 23:35 04 Jun 07

I have just built two machines and loaded Vista Ultimate as the OS. Back up will work once then error code 0x8004230F pops up. The Microsoft site is at best noe help. Any ideas?

rawprawn 08:22 05 Jun 07

Type Problem into Start Search click on Problem Reports/View Problems then check for solutions

joeartis 08:45 05 Jun 07

Cheers Rawprawn,

tried that.Have seen somewhere turn of uac, have done so and i am testing now.

joe

joeartis 11:30 05 Jul 07

Turning of uac doesn`t work, I`ve loaded Office Backup 2. I think Microsoft should get their fingers out and publish a fix fr this problem. Even their Ultimate Extras are well behind. Does anyone think there maybe any action that can be taken against Microsoft under ant UK laws?

anskyber 13:05 05 Jul 07

Just out of interest have you been using the sleep function? A similar problem was resolved by rebooting before back up. click here

joeartis 13:42 05 Jul 07

Thanks Anskyber,

I don`t use the sleep function, just the usual go to screen saver after 10 minutes. The computers are running 24 hours a day, I back up overnight. It would seem to me that there should be no need to reboot to make part of the OS work, if Microsoft had done the job properly.

i get the same error message, if i keep trying in safe mode it takes randomy works when it feels like it, i was told it's because another program is accessing the external hdd, bu i dont think so as the lights not flashing.

sorry about the missing letters, how do people work with this damn os? lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…