How can I stop Windows 8.1. downloading?

MikeSA 22:46 18 Oct 13

I started downloading Windows 8.1 but midway disconnected my internet connection when I noted that the download file was quite huge (a whopping 3.6GB!) and my data was being chewed up rapidly. I have a slow 3G connection and to have downloaded the whole file would have cost me a packet. However, now, whenever I connect to the internet, the download continues to download in the background and chewing up my data. How can I stop the download continuing to download and where can I get an update disc to be able to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

rdave13 23:16 18 Oct 13

What machine are you using? What ISP? If possible use system restore while not connected to the net.

MikeSA 19:33 24 Oct 13

Thanks for the response Dave. Subsequently, each time that I connected to the internet, the download file continued to download on its own and eventually the whole process was complete. And after that, the only alternative was to follow the prompts and go ahead with the installation. I now have Windows 8.1. on my computer! What an experience!

rdave13 19:50 24 Oct 13

That's a problem with mobile internet connected to the PC. Strange that a system restore, offline, didn't change anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017