How can I send a fax via my PC?

Banky2 20:41 01 Oct 13

I have an all-in-one printer, scanner, fax machine and have no problems sending and receiving faxes via my phone line. However I sometimes have to printout a file in order to fax it. I would like to be able send a document from my Windows 8 PC (Toshiba) via fax. This is to reach people with a fax machine but not a computer. I used to do this with a fax driver in my old Window XP PC but need to know how to do it with my new kit!

Secret-Squirrel 08:58 02 Oct 13

" I used to do this with a fax driver in my old Window XP PC but need to know how to do it with my new kit!"

Older computers nearly always came with a built-in dial-up modem for connecting to the Internet and sending faxes. That hasn't been the case for many years now. Not to worry, just get yourself something like this. If you buy a different model then make sure in advance that it works with the 64-bit version of Windows 8.

Your Windows 8 should have Microsoft's Fax software - just check for a "Fax" icon in Control Panel -> Devices & Printers. You may however find that Fax software is bundled with the modem I linked to.

BRYNIT 20:25 02 Oct 13

Some printer/scanner/fax machine allow you to send a fax direct from the Computer as I don't knowing the make/model I could not check. Have you looked through the instruction manual?

Have you checked for up to date drivers for your all in one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…