How can I remove the virus "Breaking News Alert" from my computer?

Problemwithmycomputer101 19:53 18 Mar 15

My computer has a brand new virus! Great! It is called "Breaking News Alert" Now, uninstalling and doing stuff like that is EASY to me. But the thing is, there is no sign of this program still being here. The only place that it exists is AppData//Local//BreakingNewsAlert. Inside the file, there is data2.dat file. I have NO idea what that is. I tried manually deleting it (right click, delete) but it appears again after I reload a page on my browser.(Mozilla Firefox) I have also checked the extensions, and like I said before, there is no sign of this program still existing! EXPECT THAT IT EXISTS! It advertises, creates pop ups, underlines words, makes annoying dialogues appear, etc. I also removed it from my recycling bin, which didn't work. I have NO idea as to what to do. I need some help. Please I am so desperate to get this BS out of my computer.

PS: I uninstalled Firefox, and installed it again, still no result. The virus is active on both Explorer and Mozilla. Have done LOTS of virus scans and etc, it detects the corrupt file, deletes it, but when I open Mozilla, it reappears. I can't restart (Delete all personal files) my computer since I have TOO much stuff on this computer which I will have a hard time getting back. Sorry for being so long! Thank You!

Problemwithmycomputer101 20:13 18 Mar 15

I did not mention that I used Adwcleaner. PLEASE.

rdave13 20:35 18 Mar 15

What security software do you have?

Problemwithmycomputer101 20:38 18 Mar 15

I use avast, windows firewall and that is it.

rdave13 20:43 18 Mar 15

I use avast, windows firewall and that is it.

Uh?

Try again.

robin_x 20:52 18 Mar 15

Boot to Safe Mode. Right click any scanners and Run as Admin (might be superfluous) rather than double-clicking.

=-=-=

Try Malwarebytes Free. Make sure Rootkits is ticked in Settings, Detection and Protection.

Try ADW Cleaner again.

If all else fails try Combofix but that's a last resort since it can cause other problems.

What Operating System are you running? Do you have a spare computer?

robin_x 20:57 18 Mar 15

Various other guides here from bleepingcomputer but I don't know how many different Breaking News viruses there are.

rdave13 21:03 18 Mar 15

You said you used AdwCleaner yet you stated you used only; "I use avast, windows firewall and that is it."

Hmm. Go for Avast's boot-time scan.

Problemwithmycomputer101 21:04 18 Mar 15

I do have a spare computer. Combo fix is not supported on my computer for some reason! Any other ideas?? Trying EVERYTHING again, I am so stressed out UGH!!

Problemwithmycomputer101 21:07 18 Mar 15

@rdave13 I thought you asked what was protecting my computer! In that case, I use avast, adwcleaner, ccleaner, malware bytes, and should I remove it ( It's a program that detects what programs to remove from you laptop)

rdave13 21:11 18 Mar 15

What?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…