How can I open OneNote 2007 file?

manuelfouquet 11:59 18 Apr 15
Answered

Hello. As I have already stated, I was meaning to save an OneNote 2007 page within a section of a notebook to a Word doc (.docx) file and when I did I accidently saved it as an .one file and it saved on my desktop as a section of a notebook as well. Believing that I have not lost the file since it is saved on my desktop as an .one file; when I click to open this .one file on my desktop, it opens in OneNote and it shows in OneNote's "Open Sections" as a section. In this section there are NO pages of my data like I had before I accidently saved it. It only states, "This section is empty. Click here to create a new page.” How do I get my page back to where I had it before I accidently saved it??? I know the .one file has my data since it is a 5.89 MB file size by looking at properties. Also, I closed out of OneNote since, so any original page data that I had before I saved it is gone. All I have is this .one file on my desktop.

Please reply with solutions or ideas.

Thank you!

Nontek 17:09 18 Apr 15

Right click on it again on the desktop and then choose to save as .doc or .docx file.

ruudromein 02:29 27 Apr 15
Answer
  1. Start-->Run, and type: onenote.exe /forcerepair "filepath" where filepath (in quotes!) is the full path to the file that is corrupted. You can get this path by hovering the mouse over the section tab in OneNote. It's probably something like, "C:\Documents and Settings\your-name\My Documents\OneNote Notebooks\notebook-name\section-name.one"
  2. In OneNote, go to File-->Info-->Open Backups, and open the latest backup. If the file looks fine, you can drag it into your notebook and delete the corrupt file.

As one of additional resources, visit Microsoft community to know more about resolutions for corrupted OneNote files... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…