How can I delete a DLL file in windows 8?

1sec 22:59 26 Apr 15

Hi guys, I have Windows 8.1 64bit and I'm trying to delete EasyRedirect64.dll in System32 and it's saying it's been used by explorer and 8 other services in my task manager. Now I've tried to delete it and failed, re-uninstalled the program that gave me that file and failed, I've tried I've tried using regsvr32, I've tried running my Nod32 anti-virus to see if it can delete it and it failed and I've tried software that kills my tasks to delete the file, however my computer restarted due to that action. Please help me guys, is there a way to delete this file without formatting my computer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:19 26 Apr 15

method 1

connect the drive to another PC and use explorer to delete

method 2

boot from a linux CD or usb and mount the drive , navigate to the folder and delete

Bailifei 04:28 27 Apr 15

Using a Linux bootable disk is a good way just like Fruit Bat /\0/\ said. And here's a tutorial for how to create a Linux bootable USB.

click here

philipdev 05:38 27 Apr 15

I think this may help you...

Locate the dll file that you would like to unregister and delete.

Click on "Start" in the lower left-hand corner of the screen on the desktop. Click on "Search" in the menu. Choose "All files and folders." Type the dll file name into the search field, and click on "Search." Write down or remember the file path of the dll file you want to delete. The file path tells you where the file is located on your computer.

Secret-Squirrel 08:56 27 Apr 15

The easiest solution may be to start the PC in "Safe Mode". It's unlikely that that file will be use in that mode and you'll be able to delete it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…