How can I change from Vista back to XP

lynnechapman 09:40 23 Sep 07

Hi
I bought a new computer at Aldi a few weeks ago, a Medion and it cam pre-loaded with Windows Vista.
I can't tell you how much I hate it or how much time it's costing me.
Is there any way at all that I could get rid of it and go back to XP?
Thanks
Lynne

if you know the basics of a pc i think the simple way is to buy something like click here install click here you cant install xp over vista, this way you could revert to vista after sp1 should you so wish.

tullie 10:57 23 Sep 07

If you Google,there are ways of doing this,whichever way you go, dont forget to have a copy of all your drivers.

Terry Brown 11:22 23 Sep 07

There is a link on the microsoft site that tells you how to downgrade your computer to XP , try this link.click here
Terry

wizzboy 12:16 23 Sep 07

f you do that and your pc brakes down they wont fix it till you set it back to when you frist brought it , i should known i try to do the same thing and hp told me that my wrrante would be viod

Quiller. 12:34 23 Sep 07

First of all you need to either locate a Vista OEM disk or burn a disk if prompted by the laptop. Because no matter what you say now, in the future may need or want the ability to put the machine back to Vista.

Next you will need a legitimate copy of XP, one that is not been used.

You will have to go to the Medion website and try and find the XP drivers for your laptop.

Then you can proceed.

Download and burn an ISO copy of kill disk. click here

start the computer with the ISO disk in and select the right drive to format ( Vista ).

restart the computer with the XP disk in and run the setup. Format the hard drive again.

When all is loaded and at desktop, load your drivers.

Well thats the way I did it on a HP machine:))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…