Hotmail problem

MIKE. 08:47 11 Dec 13

I recently updated an old XP laptop to win 8 all seemed to go ok. The Laptop was going to be given to my daughter as a surprise. I put my own name and email address on the upgraded laptop not thinking. When my daughter took possession she wanted it all set to her own account which I tried to do. Since then my Hotmail account has a new folder with my email address as its name and all my incoming mail goes into that not my inbox. My question is what have I done wrong and how to get back to normal HELP!!!!

MIKE. 09:10 13 Dec 13

why do I have a folder with my email address in my list of Hotmail folders and all my emails go into that not my inbox. I am just stumped. When I right click on the inbox folder it says I am not connected to my email account.

rdave13 18:42 13 Dec 13

When you right click the inbox folder can you select 'synchronisation settings' then select 'All messages'?

MIKE. 22:15 13 Dec 13

Many thanks rdave13 the synchronisation settings were already set as you suggested.

rdave13 22:59 13 Dec 13

When you created your password and email addy on win 8 you should have left it alone and then created an admin account with your daughter's email addy and password. Once up and running you could then delete your account via your daughter's account. I don't know how you did it so in the dark. My experience with any Windows software is not to use Revo to uninstall and not to use any trickery apart from what Windows allows. So I think the registry is damaged and to try to repair might make things worse. If you can live with this new folder then I would. At least it is working.

I use Windows Live Mail on the desktop in Win 8.1 rather than the tile as easier to configure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac