hotfix

conrail 21:27 PM 30 Sep 11

beginning of the week I purchased a new pc with windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit, I installed my copy of office XP, the first time I loaded word I was asked to download 'Hotfix' I have been searching for this on ms websites but have found nothing that explains what it is, I have received an email from ms which states 'WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing' can anybody shed some light on this please so I can decide wether to install or not, all help appreciated

chub_tor 11:58 AM 01 Oct 11

If you look at this article about compatibility you will see that there appears to be a problem with Office XP Outlook and Windows 7. You don't give the hotfix kb number but perhaps it was issued to fix this problem.

conrail 11:41 AM 03 Oct 11

thanks chub_tor, this appears to be a problem with outlook, I just use word, xl and powerpoint and all seem to work fine so I think I will just leave alone, again many thanks for your advice

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites