hotfix

conrail 30 Sep 11

beginning of the week I purchased a new pc with windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit, I installed my copy of office XP, the first time I loaded word I was asked to download 'Hotfix' I have been searching for this on ms websites but have found nothing that explains what it is, I have received an email from ms which states 'WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing' can anybody shed some light on this please so I can decide wether to install or not, all help appreciated

chub_tor 01 Oct 11

If you look at this article about compatibility you will see that there appears to be a problem with Office XP Outlook and Windows 7. You don't give the hotfix kb number but perhaps it was issued to fix this problem.

conrail 03 Oct 11

thanks chub_tor, this appears to be a problem with outlook, I just use word, xl and powerpoint and all seem to work fine so I think I will just leave alone, again many thanks for your advice

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message