HOMEWORLD and VISTA

Residual 13:24 27 Feb 08

Having bought a laptop, I thought i'd be able to play all the old skool games like Homeworld in confines of me bed. However much to my horror I have found that the game does not work properly with hardware graphics acceleration. I cant bear to play in software mode. Is there any way of playing this gem of a game with harware acceleration?

Or am I just dreaming?

Totally-braindead 18:18 27 Feb 08

Unless theres some sort of patch I'm afraid you are probably dreaming.

With laptops the graphics you get are what you stuck with.

Now you can assign more memory to the graphics with most laptops in the BIOS but whether that will help in any way I don't know but rather doubt it.

I don't know the Homeworld game and perhaps theres patches for it but it really depends on whether this game demands quite a lot of graphics power, if it does and your laptop can't supply it you are stuck. You may even find that the graphics on your laptop is not supported and unless theres a patch to address this you've had it.

Check the game site initially and see if theres any help there, particularly if theres a dedicated Forum.

mrwoowoo 00:15 28 Feb 08

You could try right clicking on the homeworld shortcut,>properties>compatability and in the "run this programme in compatibility mode for", dropdown menu choose windows xp.
Fingers crossed.

Residual 08:38 29 Feb 08

I'll try that thx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…