homeplug adaptors

JACC 19:19 23 May 08

My son has tried to connect his xbox 360 to our Orange livebox using microsoft adaptors twice and both failed to connect,it's not possible for him to have a cable running to his room hence the network adaptor.I think the adaptors were faulty as the xbox would not "see" them.I was wondering if anyone knew about homeplug adaptors and how good they were and if they thought they were good enough for gaming or is it possible to have another router in his room for the xbox and would the livebox and the other router work together.Thankyou.

sinbads 22:19 24 May 08

I'm not into gaming;but I don't think the type or means of access makes any difference. I have used the homeplug adaptors , There advantage is you can plug it into any mains socket no wires, you can move it anywhere there is a mains plug,security is the same as a wired setup.

But, there's allways a but! if you plug into a spurred socket off the ring main have problems connecting.

Regards

JACC 07:46 25 May 08

Thankyou for replying sinbads

dms_05 08:13 26 May 08

I also have a part Homeplug network and it works fine. In fact it's just plug and play. No setting up of any kind if you use adaptors from the same manufacturer.

However all the Homeplug does is replace LAN cable or WiFi adaptors. If you have a problem when connected by LAN then you will have a similar problem with Homeplug.

The best advice is to try moving the equipment close enough to connect by LAN, make the network work then move the bits back to their original locations. Now add/convert to HomePlug connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos