homeghroup password problem

bobley 20:00 24 Oct 10

Hi

I have two computers one a desk top one a laptop which I am trying to get to see each other. I have set up a homegroup on my laptop but when I try to set up the desktop it will not accept the password that has been assigned by the laptop. Can anyone throw any light on this as I have tried everything I can think of withot sucess

Thanks

Bobley

BurrWalnut 08:57 25 Oct 10

I’ve seen that message appear when the computer’s date (system date) is wrong. If so, correct the date and try to join the Homegroup again.

Strawballs 23:02 25 Oct 10

If they are not both Win 7 then the password facility will have to be switched off it will only work with win 7 to win 7.

bobley 20:22 26 Oct 10

Hi

Thanks for your replys. I have got the two computers working in a fashion. The desktop sees the lap top and I see the folders but I cannot get the folders to open. I can't however get the laptop to see the desktop at all even though the laptop acknowledges that it belongs to a homegroup. Also when I look at the desktop homegroup settings It tells me that it has found a printer that can be shared and an opttion to install it but again when I press the install button nothing happens. I have read that a firewall could be a factor. I use kaspersky internet security and have tried disabling the firewall on both machines but without success. If anyone can help futher I would be grateful

BurrWalnut 08:16 27 Oct 10

You probably need to allow Kaspersky access to file and printer sharing. I don’t use Kaspersky, so I cannot tell you how to do it.

Google or another member should be able to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos