Home Premium 32 Starting Problem

holburn 00:00 AM 25 Jul 09

When I start computer the loading stops at the green loading bar and I have to switch off. Then a repair comes followed by a system restore. Only started on monday but is such a pain that will leave computer on 24/7 from now. Does anyone else have a startup problem like this.

mooly 07:46 AM 25 Jul 09

Nope, try running sfc utility to repair damaged files.
1st run a disk check. Computer, Right click C drive, properties, tools, error checking. Make sure both boxes ticked and restart. Takes around 50 minutes

Then when it's re booted click the start orb, type cmd.exe and right click to run as admin.
Type exactly,
sfc /SCANNOW and press enter to run a system files check. Takes around 30 mins +
Nothing to lose doing this.

holburn 10:19 AM 25 Jul 09

Thanks for replying. I did a disk chech ysterday with nothing found. tried a restart this morning with same problem happening.

mooly 11:30 AM 25 Jul 09

Did you you run "sfc" ?
Could it be a driver conflict... have you made any changes recently, or updated drivers.
Can you restore back manually (choose your own restore point) to a time before this problem occured.

holburn 00:36 AM 29 Jul 09

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I've been getting a well earned sun tan. I really thought that someone with the same problem would come up with an answer and because they have not my computer is never switched off. Thank you for your replies.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay