Home Page Problem, Help Please

The Teacher 09:20 AM 13 Feb 13

My homepage is set to www.yahoo.co.uk and up to past couple of days it has not been a problem. However, for some reason when I now access my browser, Firefox, I get the following homepage, http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT2645238&SearchSource=13.

I have looked in settings, via control panel, and it does show Yahoo as the home page.

I can reset the homepage when browser is open, but as soon as I close the browser it reverts back to the conduit homepage.

I haven't installed anything recently so I know I haven't missed a tick box. Any ideas how I can get rid of this?

Thanks

The Teacher

jamieamunra 16:26 PM 13 Feb 13

Hey try this: Open your Firefox browser and type “about:config” in address bar then you should see a list of Preference names and their valuse. Next type search in the filter box and check all strings contents as "Conduit" followed by a right click then reset

The Teacher 21:44 PM 13 Feb 13

Thanks guys.

Seems to have fixed it. How does it manage to hijack though if you don't install something?

The Teacher

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone