hiding windows updates????

daxian 21:47 12 Oct 08

hi all ...
new to vista ,have home basic ,having trouble with sp1 update ..how do i hide it so it dont get shown in auto updates???
tried the windows help centre ....useless any help appreciated

MCE2K5 22:02 12 Oct 08
  daxian 22:10 12 Oct 08

hi MCE2K5....
brill.... my brain not working should have worked that out myself....must be senility setting in DoHHHH
thank you very much ,most appreciated...Dave.

peter99co 23:10 12 Oct 08

Do you consider it a bad idea to update to SP1?

daxian 12:14 13 Oct 08

hi peter99co...
in my particular case it is a bad idea ...as the laptop that has vista on totally locked up when trying to install sp1....it got to the configuring updates stage 1 of three ...restarted and gave me an error message ,telling me i had to repair windows due to a software fault.
took me two days to get it running again ,mostly due to my lack of knowledge re:vista +a laptop with a repair system that just does not work (had to borrow a vista dvd to do the repair ..)but it all adds to the learning experience .
if you're not confident that you can repair or do not have the dvd then my advice would be to leave it on hold for the time being .only my opinion Dave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…