Help with Windows Mail

Pine Man 19:25 02 Mar 07

Just unwrapped Vista and so far everything is ok!

On XP in Outlook Express all my email addresses were on the left hand side of the window below all of the inboxes etc.

I have got them all in my address book but can't get them into the window - help please

thms 21:44 02 Mar 07

Contacts can be found next to send and recieve.

Pine Man 08:19 03 Mar 07

Thanks thms.

The problem is that in XP all the email addresses were in a list permanently displayed on the left hand side of OE below inbox, spam, & sent folders etc and I wondered if there was a way of doing this under Vista?

thms 08:52 03 Mar 07

Unfortunately I don't think you can do that.
Like you I prefered my contacts on the left hand side.

If you open contacts click on help and scroll own to the bottom select what happened to address book.

BurrWalnut 09:08 03 Mar 07

I have the contacts in the sidebar. Just scroll down to the one you want and click it to write an email.

Pine Man 09:09 03 Mar 07

Thanks for that, I'll just have to get used to it along with a lot of other new stuff!

Pine Man 11:39 03 Mar 07

That's what I want but how did you get them there?

Forum Editor 13:49 03 Mar 07

at the top of the sidebar, then, when the gadgets dialogue box opens, click on 'Contacts'.

Pine Man 15:24 03 Mar 07

In case I make a pratt of myself don't forget I only got Vista yesterday!

What you are suggesting (I think) gives me a contacts list on the desktop.

What I am trying to get is a contacts list actually in Outlook Express down the left hand side below the Inbox etc.

I can't see a sidebar in OE, let alone a little plus sign at the top.

anskyber 15:31 03 Mar 07

The contacts pane, along with the windows address book have been replaced by the contacts folder. To display the contacts folder press Ctrl+shift+C, choose Tools, Contacts or click the Contacts icon on the toolbar.

anskyber 15:33 03 Mar 07

The FE's suggestion was to use the sidebar, thats the bit if you enabled it which shows the clock and date usually along the righthand side of your desktop. It is possible as the FE has suggested to add a gadget which shows contacts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…