Help - Windows 7 Explorer error

runedog 17 Dec 12

Hope someone can help here as I'm at my wits end.

I keep getting the error message that Windows Explorer has stopped working (I'm using x64 7 Pro) and then restarting. I have tried the following but, to no avail:

Updating all drivers. Running Scannow under admin which could find no vunerabilities. Running a virus check (Kasperky) which found nothing. Ran Malware Bytes which found nothing.

I booted-up in Safe Mode which didn't bring-up the message. Ran System Restore which didn't fix the issue.

It was happening at least every minute originally but now only happens about every five minutes or so?

Can anyone suggest my next move please?

Thanks for any/all help

zxscan 17 Dec 12

... my view, Adobe reader makes a shit, sorry... depends of kHz and your PC power ... they (Adobe) agree, there is a problem, but nothing doing to solve it... ha ha ... just, all what we can do = accept crash ! ha ha

rdave13 17 Dec 12

Have you installed new software recently? I had this problem when I tried Spybot's beta program. I wasn't quite compatible and kept getting the same error. Once I uninstalled it the problem disappeared.

runedog 17 Dec 12

Hello rdave13,

Yes, I updated my Catalyst Control Center recently but, when this issue started I uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller. Maybe it did not uninstall properly?

zxscan, I don't use Adobe reader, I use Fox PDF reader.

Many thanks

rdave13 17 Dec 12

It does sound as if something is left over. To completely remove ATI drivers see driver sweeper. Be careful how you use this tool, just make sure you only remove what's left of ATI (AMD), if showing. You'll have to do it in safe mode. If you have the drivers disc for your graphics card, use that to install the original drivers afterwards.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message