help win 8 upgrade with disk without opening win 7

pernamike 23:34 29 Sep 14

Help, Help. I have done this before with win 7. I need to upgrade to win 8 from win 7. win 7 will not boot. Have a problem with win 7. Spent 2 days repairing drive the best I could do. Did everything in startup repair I could complete with 7 and 8 disk. ( command prompts (bootrec. all available commands), system repair, system restore did not work, etc.) Bios see's disk. In stall disks 7 & 8 see's disk. Active boot disk see's and opens folders. everything is there and looks in good order. When I try to upgrade when running 8 disks. I get the message to restart windows normal and place in dvd and run the upgrade. I can not. I want to upgrade from boot disk. done this before with this problem. I don't want to loose my programs, work, desktop etc.

sharpamat 09:03 30 Sep 14

Thisrequire the Disc

Whatever you did in the past you need to have the Windows 8 in the drive at boot up then follow the prompts.

Even with an upgrade This will not transfer your programs or saved data, so ensure you have all you need backed up to either disc or external drive and you have the installation discs along with the serial numbers allowing you to reload

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced