Help with upgrading to Windows 7

lujki 18:49 03 Dec 14

Hi everyone, I have a somewhat old PC that I would like to upgrade to Windows 7. I ran the Upgrade Advisor. I have only 256 MB of RAM. I plan to upgrade RAM to at least 1GB, and I have 2.66GHz Intel Celeron 331 CPU that's compatible with Windows 7. Also, I have Intel P5GD1-VM Motherboard with i915G chipset. I wanted to know is that chipset compatible with Windows 7. And I have Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family GPU with only 64MB of memory. I found out that it is the minimum for WIN7 but not enough for Windows Aero. But drivers for it are incompatible with Windows 7. I am a little confused now, are my motherboard and chipset compatible with WIN7, and can I somehow change GPU (I'm not sure is it the same as Graphical Card, and Graphics Controller), and will I be able to upgrade when I change my RAM and GPU? Thanks!

Batch 18:22 04 Dec 14

Seems quite an old and slow PC to me (8 or 9 years). Not sure it is worth upgrading. Why do you want to do it?

You'd probably best investing the cash in a new (or newer secondhand) PC.

If you really want to try Windows 7, I'd recommend using 32 bit version for driver compatibility (but still no guarantee).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5