HELP!! Uninstall Ubuntu And Get Back to Windows!

maverick4127 20:58 15 Jan 14

I just bought a laptop(Gateway NV570P10u without DVD loader) having Windows 8 pre-installed a few days ago. But Windows 8 is not good. Instead, I installed Ubuntu 12 LTS with USB stick. However, for some reasons, I wanna get back to Windows 7 or 8 now!! How can I do that?

I tried to make several USB with boot loader from Windows.iso kind of files. But the USB stick can't be booted(I tried Unetbootin, UtralISO, Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool ). Instead, when I made a USB with boot loader from Ubuntu.iso. It can be loaded!!

When I bought the laptop, it just have one partition in Windows 8. Thus when I installed Ubuntu, I could just erase all my data.

canarieslover 12:23 16 Jan 14

If you did not create recovery media before your Ubuntu install it looks as if you will need a new copy of Win 8 as that will be the only CoA sticker on your new machine. You can use that key to download an ISO file from here click here If you look at the options you can select to burn the ISO file to either DVD or USB Flash Drive. In your case you will need the Flash Drive option. Hope this is of some help. By the way Win 8 isn't quite as bad as it seems to be made out. With a read of the posts in the Win 8 Forum you will see that there are ways to make it behave similarly to Win 7 and still be much faster to boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5