Help... strange Pc Power problems

KevinFairweather 08:15 02 Dec 14

Hi there, I am currently experiencing a strange issue so ill try explain it the best i can........ My pc runs fine all day then ill either turn it of at night or leave it to hibernate but when i come back to it in the morning it looks like no power is getting to it, no lights or anything is on, ill push power button and nothing......so after a few mins of moving PC around or pushing power button several times it will suddenly just boot and run fine all day. This morning though i left to to hibernate i woke up to a bios failure. Does this sound like a failing motherboard. My psu is a corsair 750w and is only 5 months old, bearing in mind when the PC is on i can game for hours on end with no issues.............Any help will be much appreciated.

Kev

lotvic 15:09 02 Dec 14

It may be just a power setting that needs to be altered. Hibernate, Sleep, Switch on, Switch off, and which devices trigger those settings (mouse, inactivity, wake on lan, etc etc.)

Are you still able to boot up into Windows? is it Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 ?

Please tell us what the present Power Settings are in the BIOS and also in Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…