Help with restore problem (I'm a twonk)

Kev.Ifty 11:13 AM 11 Sep 12

I have (had) 4 accounts on my PC. my Son's account some how ended up with a Trojan or Virus that AVG could not remove. The recommendtion was to load AVG Resuce CD. Wich I did. During loading, scandisk came up and I pressed the power botton on the computer thinking it had missed the AVG boot up installtion. I now cannot boot up.... The PC just keeps coming up with "Windows is starting up" then resets. The only options I have now are restore from back up and restore to Factory settings. Restore from back up has'nt worked. I've selected the Factory option...... So now I have no photo's or files etc.. Please point me the the right direction to be able to recover my pictures etc. Thanks!

jamieamunra 11:36 AM 11 Sep 12

Hi there, you might want to try some file recovery software like File Recover or O&O unerase or check out this link for more options. In the future you might want to consider setting up only one account with admin rights and setting the rest as standard users to avoid such situations. Good luck

daxian 12:11 PM 11 Sep 12

hi .... if you reset to factory then there is no way to recover files . this wipes all info and installs the o/s back to how it came from the factory.

jamieamunra 14:23 PM 11 Sep 12

You might be able to recover some files if they have not been written over. Give the Recovery software a go. You wont loose anything.

jamieamunra 14:23 PM 11 Sep 12

You might be able to recover some files if they have not been written over. Give the Recovery software a go. You wont loose anything.

Kev.Ifty 17:18 PM 11 Sep 12

Thanks jamieamunra. Just running o&o at the min.... With fingers and toes crossed. Thank you for your help so far.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites