Help with resizing windows and moving (dragging ) with mouse

StoryDiver 19:44 19 May 13

My little brother some how screwed my windows vista up so that now when i want to resize a window or move (dragg )it with a mouse instead of doing it in realtime it gives me an some kind of a dotted line preview . How to i change it back so that i can to those things in realtime again? Thanks to anyone how replies

rdave13 20:46 19 May 13

In internet options, advanced tab, select the tab for "Restore Advanced Settings".

StoryDiver 21:05 19 May 13

the effect that im describing affects all of my windows (folders, media players and browsers)

rdave13 21:41 19 May 13

It's the result of an "optimising" software you have. I can't remember where to restore the function in Windows. I thought it was in the restore advanced settings.

This is the answer, open Windows Explorer, right click Computer, properties, on the left select 'Advanced system settings', in system properties select the Advanced tab, then performance settings, then tick the box for Show window contents while dragging. Click OK, apply.

In the same pane you could also select to dot the button for Let Windows choose what's best for my computer.

By the by, what 'optimising' program (if any) do you use?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…