HELP - No sound on windows vista

cagsy6 20:10 08 Nov 07

Hi, i have a HP Pavillion Laptop dv6231eu, have not had sound for a few weeks now and its driving me nuts, all seems fine in device manager,sound icon etc, i am also receiving a message on log on 'Exception throw variable ServerURLmodifiable contains the invalid bool value' does anyone know if there is any connection?
thanks

skidzy 21:33 08 Nov 07

Try reinstalling the audio driver click here

Nuts & Bolts 04:02 10 Nov 07

Make sure on your keyboard, the speaker button up at the top of the keyboard, isn't on disabled. Sometimes its the simple things. not that it will solve your problem but it might.

cagsy6 17:14 10 Nov 07

Have reinstalled driver still no luck! alson the power switch is not working have to switch on using quick play light? All advice gratefully received,thanks

Chicago41 00:38 19 Nov 07

I have the same problem with a HP dv6000 Pavillion w/Win XP. No speaker audio, earphones OK. Power button doesn't work, but powers up from Quick Play button. I updated BIOS, audio driver, & Microsoft UAA BUS driver (see Knowledge Base #888111.) HP site says Conexant driver 3.26.0.50 will fix the speakers, but it didn't. I've seen similiar problems posted, but no solution as yet. I think this is a QuickPlay caused problem. Anyone got a fix?

cagsy6 20:04 24 Nov 07

Chicago your problem is identical to mine, am going to get in touch with HP as my laptop is less that 12 months old

abecloud 07:31 10 Mar 08

at least this is a little comforting to find others in the same boat, Hp dv6000 laptop speakers out and power button disabled, whats up ?

abecloud 07:32 10 Mar 08
  Jim_F 08:43 10 Mar 08

Its worth checking under device manager that the driver has actually been updated as OEM installs sometimes seem to block updates - looks like its working but the system just reloads its preferred drivers.

As for the power button - did you check what is set under Power options in control panel ?

J B 11:03 10 Mar 08

I had the same problem with my HP dv9340ea a while back. The Conexant driver was at fault. Microsoft decided that my driver was out of date so like a fool I installed it and bang no sound. I couldn't even roll back to the driver that worked so I had to do a system restore to get the sound working again. Anyway, I checked the HP website click here
Check that your audio driver is the same as what the website offers then check that the Conexant modem driver is the same as the website suggests that should be installed on your system. If the versions you have don't agree with the website then download both and see if that fixes your problem. I say this because when I contacted HP they told me that some drivers differ from retail versions of Vista and OEM versions and it is best to check their website as opposed to letting MS do it for you. I know that this a long shot but it might help. J.B.

PeterK. 16:00 10 Mar 08

This website has helped me before with my Vista problems.
Maybe it can help you as well

The website is: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac