Help with my computer

AndrewConnell 13:41 15 May 15

Hey guys, I've had my computer for around 3/4 years, and it's crashing at the desktop any ideas of what I should do. Ps I can't wipe the entire computer out as I have really important photos on it, when I'm on my desktop it takes forever to run one program and if I click again it crashes any way it can fix it without having to lose my photos?

rdave13 14:13 15 May 15

If you have an external drive I would boot to safe mode, see if it works well enough, and do a back-up of all your photos and documents before trying any fixes.

wee eddie 14:17 15 May 15

First question: When did you last clean the stour out of the insides, particularly between the fins of the Heat Sink?

This is a fairly good set of instructions. wiki how I think that you can use a hair Drier instead of Compressed Air and I would recommend that you do it outside the house as there can be quite a lot of fine dust to remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…